Thoughts for the week:

January 13

I believe that my life is being refined like gold in a crucible. Gold does not stay in the crucible, only until it is refined. I will never despair or be despondent. I now have friends who long for me to conquer. If I should err or fail, it would cause pain and disappontment to them. I will keep trying to live a better life. 

24 Hours a Day


January 14

I will learn to overcome myself, because every blow to selfishness is used to shape the real, eternal, unperishable me. As I overcome myself, I gain that power which God releases in my soul. And I too will be victorious. It is not the difficulties of life that I have to conquer, so much as my own selfishness.

24 Hours a Day 


January 14 God Is Love

The third main aspect of God is Love. God is not loving but Love itself, and it would probably be true to say that of all of the seven main aspects this is the most important one for us to practice. There is no condition that enough Love will not heal...

Where there is fear there cannot be love. The best way to rid yourself of fear is to realize divine Love... Practice love every day and watch your thought and watch your tongue, and wath your deed, that nothing contrary to love finds expression there.

Around the Year with Emmet Fox (Excerpt)


January 15  God Is Intelligence

The fourth main aspect of God is intelligence. When you clearly realize that this is an intelligent universe it will make a major difference in your life. In an intelligent universe there cannot be disharmony because all ideas must work together for the common good. Neither can there be any lack...

It is especially important to realize that God is Intelligence because it sometimes happens that when people outgrow the chilish idea that God is just a magnified man, they sometimes go to the opposite extreme and think of God as a blind force, like gravity or electricity... and such an idea is very little better than a subtle form of atheism. 

Around the Year with Emmet Fox (Excerpt)


** If you like this post, please consider following AA Book Club Blog by clicking the icon in the upper left corner of the homepage, then clicking the blue 'follow' button. We feature new posts every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, and will never have ads or give out user info. Check out our AA literature guide at AABookClub.org **








Comments

Popular posts from this blog