Thoughts for the week:

 

 June 19  Peace, The Miracle Worker

Regeneration mean building a new mentality; that is, creating a new sould in place of your present one. It does not mean merely improving your present self - it means producing (through the power of God, of course), a new self.

If you do this, everything else in your life will rapidly change for the better. Other people will become much more friendly to you. Because your soul will be filled with peace, you will radiate peace, and other people will get it intuitively.

Naturally you cannot radiate peace if you do not first possess it within yourself. You cannot radiate anything from the outside. To radiate any quality, that quality must be within yourself.

Around the Year with Emmet Fox  (Excerpt)

 

 June 19

Your real work in life is to grow spiritually. To do this you must follow the path of diligently seeking good. The hidden spiritual wonders are revealed to those who diligently seek this treasure... Work on the material plane should be secondary to your real life's work. The material things you need most are those that help you to attain the spiritual.

24 Hours a Day


June 21

A truly spiritual man or woman would like to have a serene mind. The only way to keep calm in this troubled world is to have a serene mind. The calm and sane mind sees spiritual things as the true realities and material things as only temporary and fleeting. That sort of mind you can never obtaib by reasoning, because your reasoning powers are limited by space and time. That kind of mind you can never obtain by reading, because other minds are also limited in the same way. You can only have that mind by an act of faith, by making the venture of belief.

24 Hours a Day

 

June 24

When I let personal piques and resentments interfere with what I know to be my proper conduct, I am  on the wrong track and I am undoing all I have built up by doing the right thing. I must never let personal piques interfere with living the way I know God wants me to live. When I have no clear guidance from God, I must go forward quietly along the path of duty. The attitude of quiet faith will receive its reward as surely as acting upon God's direct guidance. I must not weaken my spiritual power by letting personal piques upset me.

24 Hours a Day

 

 

 ** If you like this post, please consider following AA Book Club Blog by clicking the icon in the upper left corner of the homepage, then clicking the blue 'follow' button. We feature new posts every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, and will never have ads or give out user info. Check out our AA literature guide at AABookClub.org **

Comments

Popular posts from this blog