Spiritual thoughts for the week:

January 29 The Law Of Growth

What you think upon grows. This is an Eastern maxim, and it sums up neatly the greatest and most fundamental of all laws of the mind.

WHAT YOU THINK UPON GROWS. Whatever you allow to occupy your mind you magnify in your own life. Whether the subject of your thought be good or bad, the law works and the condition grows. Any subject that you keep out of your mind tends to diminish in your life, because what you do not use atrophies...

This is the basic, fundamental, all-inclusive law of the mind, and actually all psychological and metaphysical teaching is little more than commentary upon this.

Around the Year with Emmet Fox (Excerpt)


January 31

I believe that all sacrifice and all suffering are of value to me. When I am in pain, I am being tested. Can I trust God, no matter how low I feel? Can I say, "Thy will be done," no matter how much I am distressed? If I can, my faith is real and practical. It works in bad times as well as in good times. The Divine Will is working in a way that is beyond my finite mind to understand, but I can still trust in it.

24 Hours A Day


February 1


I will start a new life each day. I will put the old mistakes away and start anew each day. God always offers me a fresh start. I will not be burdened or anxious. If God's forgiveness were only for the righteous and those who have not sinned, where would be its need? I believe God forgives us all of our sins, if we are honestly tryng to live today the way He wants us to live. God forgives us much and we should be very grateful.

24 Hours a Day



February 2  Our Father


It is a cosmic law that like begets like. It is not possible that a rosebush should produce lilies, or that a cow should give birth to a colt. The offspring must be of the same nature as the parent; and so, since God is divine spirit, man must essentially be divine spirit too, whatever appearances may say to the contrary...

If only you could realize to some extent that Omnipotent Wisdom is your living, loving father, most of your fears would go. If you could realize it completely, every negative thing in your life would vanish away.

Around the Year with Emmet Fox (Excerpt)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog