Spiritual thoughts for the week:

 February 5

I believe that life is a school in which I must learn spiritual things. I must trust in God and He will teach me. I must listen to God and He will speak through my mind. I must commune with Him in spite of all opposition and every obstacle. There will always be days when I will hear no voice in my mind and when there will come no intimate heart-to-heart communion. But if I persist, and make a life habit of schooling myself in spiritual things, God will reveal Himself to me in many ways.

24 Hours a Day


February 7 Thy Kingdom Come


If only you can find out the thing God intends you to do, and will do it, you will find that all doors will open to you, and you will be gloriously happy. There is a true place in life for each one of us where we can bring the Kingdom of God into manifestation, and truly say, "Thy Kingdom cometh."

Around the Year with Emmet Fox (Excerpt)


February 8 Thy Will Be Done


Now we often choose to use our free will in a negative way; allowing ourselves to think selfishly, and this wrong thinking brings upon us all our troubles. Instead of understanding that it is our essential nature to express God, to be ever about our Father's business, we try to set up our own account.

Around the Year with Emmet Fox (Excerpt)


February 11


There is almost no work in life so hard as waiting. All motion is more easy than calm waiting, and yet I must wait until God shows me His will. So many people have marred their work and hindered the growth of their spiritual lives by too much activity. If I wait patiently, preparing muself always, I will be some day at the place where I would be. And much toil and activity could not have accomplshed the journey so soon.

24 Hours a Day


Comments

Popular posts from this blog